Data Quality Analyst / Data Governance Analyst
Data Quality Analyst / Data Governance Analyst.
This is an opportunity for a Data Quality Analyst to join a fantastic organisation who really do put their staff at the forefront of everything they do. This is a newly created role for someone to come in and make it their own.
You will report directly to the Data Quality Manager and be expected to support them in their role, deputising as required. You will help drive and improve the DQ component our Data Governance maturity journey, across all lines of business that depend upon high quality data, becoming a subject matter expert with respect to Data Quality
You will be passionate about Data Quality and have working knowledge of Data Governance, Information Management and Quality frameworks, Data Quality processes and accompanying technology. Your role will include leveraging your knowledge of best practices, good judgment and analytical skills to discover DQ issues, communicate, monitor and manage them to meet KPI in collaboration with other IT and business function colleagues.
- To support the Data Quality Manager in implementing Data Quality (DQ) initiatives, working to continuously improve the data quality within the organisation across all data types, with a focus on demonstrable value.
- Work within the IT & CM team, and in conjunction with business Data Owners, Data Stewards and their teams, to help deliver the DQ strand of the Data Governance Framework and contribute to design and delivery of DQ processes
- Provide a continuous assessment of DQ issues, ensuring compliance to the data control framework for moving, integrating and accessing data from a range of RDBMS sources and enable management of the DQ Dimensions.
- Provide DQ technical and consultancy support for all data related projects, providing guidance and advice on the best quality data to use per context.
- Promote a collaborative, cross function approach to data knowledge sharing, contributing to effective data lineage/process mapping to better inform dependent stakeholders of any potential ‘down-stream’ change/ issue impact.
- Have an understanding and ideally experience of the software development lifecycle, sufficient to develop and maintain an understanding of data across key business areas, systems, processes and business relationships.
- Undertake data profiling, cleansing and data flow mapping working alone/ with stakeholders across the Company to resolve issues at or near their root.
- Work with Data Owners and Data Stewards to design and monitor performance indicators/metrics/scorecards for information and DQ management
- Apply knowledge of appropriate tools and processes for automation, control, validation and reconciliation to ensure data is delivered in an accurate and timely manner, ensuring data is traceable and robust for audit
- Contribute to the creation, maintenance, promotion and use of metadata resources such as Data Dictionaries, Data Lineage maps, Process Flow, Master datasets and related artefacts
- Be a champion and evangelist for high quality information and the best use of our corporate data resources in support of business objectives
- Proactively identify cost-benefit justifiable improvements to data manipulation processes and/or systems, promoting data quality by design
- Ensure the development and maintenance of documentation in support of all DQ processes.
- Functional knowledge and experience of using tools for data analysis; at a minimum Excel and a SQL language
- Flexible approach and attitude
We have worked with this particular client for a number of years, all of the recruits we have made into the business are still enjoyably employed with the client which is testament to the great working environment on offer.
“Fantastic offices”, “team environment”, “best move I ever made” are just a selection of comments from our extremely satisfied candidates.
Company benefits include a bonus of up to 20% (85% of staff received a bonus of 15% or more last year), 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, 5% contributory pension and 3 x basic salary death in service.
Interviews will happen as soon as possible so please don’t delay application.
This position is commutable via the M6 motorway and places such as Wolverhampton, Cannock, Stafford, Telford, Dudley, West Bromwich, Shrewsbury, Walsall, Stourbridge and much of Birmingham and the West Midlands.
Tilt Recruitment are specialists in IT Recruitment. We work hard to find our candidates their perfect roles within fantastic organisations across the UK. If this role isn’t right for you, please still get in touch with us as we may have other roles which may suit you better.
We also offer up to £500 for every successful referral, if you know someone who matches this skill set please let us know.
Tilt Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
01625 525 300 / firstname.lastname@example.org